The holidays have been over for a while. Now, one month into the new year, we would like to inform you about the updates in the transportation sector:
- The Flemish and Brussels region and Wallonia all have their own rules and sanctions with regards to load safety.
- At a certain point of this year, we will be required to pay a toll for the entire German road network.
- Starting this year, there is a toll raise of approximately 1% in Austria.
- As for Belgium, the kilometre-based toll will go up, and additional parts of the Flemish (157 km) and Walloon (4km) road network will require a toll.
- The sanction system will also be adapted: a fairer, variable charging system depending on the infraction severity will be applied.
- Europe will impose GDPR on companies and governments. The General Data Protection Regulation is a European regulation with regards to the collection and securing of personal data. This will generate an increase in administration.