Reliable and fast freight services since 1981
Transport C. Vermeulen has always remained a true family business. The company's founder, Constant Vermeulen, takes care of the company’s daily management. His daughter Inge is responsible for dispatching. His other daughter Ils is responsible for administrative support. His wife Rita takes care of the bookkeeping. They are supported by a motivated team of employees.
The fact that we are an owner-managed company ensures commitment to our services.
Transport C. Vermeulen was established in 1981 as a one-man business by its founder Constant Vermeulen who drove his only truck. The company has grown steadily down the years.
- In 1985, the first freight services to Austria started.
- In 1990, the company moved from Itegem to the current company premises in Hulshout: 15,000 m² with fully enclosed parking facilities, sheds, its own garage and fuelling system.
- In 1991, all the trucks were provided with an on-board computer. We were definitely pioneers in this area.
- In 1998. Constant’s daughter Inge joined the company. She takes care of dispatching and is our in-house ADR safety adviser.
- In 2004, the first freight services to Switzerland started.
- In 2012, the first Euro 6 truck was purchased and, in 2013, 85% of the fleet consisted of Euro 6 trucks.
- In 2013, the company achieved the ISO 9001 certificate.
- Since 2020, our fleet consists of 100% environment-friendly EURO 6 trucks
Currently, the fleet consists of approximately 25 trucks. We can safely refer to ourselves as "an Austria and Switzerland expert". Our collaboration with various long-term transport partners ensures that we can also offer a solution for the rest of Europe.
We will continue to invest in new on-board computers, IT tools and an eco-friendly fleet.
Our clerical staff will ensure the best possible tracking and tracing of your haulage orders.